All righty, friends. I’m late putting this up, but it will do me some good to get this all down visually and if you’re trying to catch up with me, there are plenty of opportunities.
I’ll list all the events I’ll be at/have been at for 2019. This will be updated as the year unfolds and I add details and possible new events.
- January 25-26: Wasatch Writers Fellowship conference (done). This was a great, small conference where I taught and joined some other industry pros to speak on some panels. Made some great friends. Sold some books too!
- February 14-16: LTUE (done). One of the very best conferences. It felt a little less attended than years past. I was honored to speak on several panels. Next year, I’m going to submit a few proposals for presentations. Made some great friends. Talked with a bunch of old pals too. Sold some books!
- February 28: Syracuse Art Academy Literacy Night (done). A neat little event at what sounds like a great charter school. My friend and editor Melissa Meibos arranged for me to join in. Talked with great kids and parents. Sold a few books.
- April 19-20: Salt Lake City Spring FanX (done). My first time with my own table. I joined the Rocky panel, sold a bunch of books, sold some t-shirts. Some of the kids came along and had a great time. Great, great event.
- May 9-11: Storymakers Conference. I’ve been attending this for several years. This year is my first as faculty. My schedule: Thursday for first pages workshop from 3-6PM. Friday 2-2:50 teaching my Productivity Class and busy 5-5:30. I’ll be at the Whitney Gala. Saturday: Mass author signing 5:30-7PM. All at the Utah Valley Conference Center. My books will be in the bookstore.
- May 18 (Saturday): Spring Into Books 4:30-6:30PM at the South Jordan Community Center. I’ll be talking to readers and friends and selling books!
- May 31: Summer Reading Kickoff Party at the Tremonton City Library. This is my first time doing this and I’m so excited. I get to talk to readers of all ages, mostly kids I think, and hobnob with the coolest people. I’ll have books available for sale too.
- July 27: SciFi Author Panel at the American Fork Library (time unknown right now). This is for the Summer Reading Program. I’ll speak about writing scifi and will be with other authors answering questions. I’ll have books available for sale, but don’t yet have details on displays etc.
- September 6-7: Salt Lake City Fall FanX: I’ll have a table. No panel schedule yet. Books and t-shirts and awesome conversation will abound!
- September 12-14: American Night Writers Association Conference in Gilbert, Arizona. My schedule: Thursday: Open. Friday 3:30-5:20PM I teach my Action Scenes workshop. Saturday 10-10:50AM I teach about making your own audiobooks. My first time at this conference and the more I learn about it the more excited I get. Great, great people are involved. I’ll have books for sale there too.
- Another September event. TBA when appropriate.
- October 11: UVU’s Book Academy. This will take place at the UVU Wasatch Campus in Heber, Utah. James Perry from Studio C is the keynote speaker. I’ll be teaching my Anatomy of Action Scenes and DIY Audiobooks workshops at this single-day event.
- November 8-9: Kanab Writers Conference. I’ll be attending and will see about having books for sale. I’m still working out details– trying to set up a school visit or library event or some other public thing.